Saturday, June 07, 2008

"There is a way to be good again"

Twas enormously impressive… a pack of emotional punch… an undoubted justice to an amazingly written book. This is a tight, compelling story, with a great message. I was so captivated with a feeling of admiration and mixed emotions that I couldn’t help watching it again and now the book is on its way from Amz to my place. Khaled Hosseini, wrote what he had to and it naturally is a wonderful captivating tale but Marc Foster did a splendid job. The kids playing two Afghan boyz Amir and Hassan were awesome. I think I can speak for ‘Kite Runner’ just like I speak for ‘Top Gun’…. Forever n forever.

Some of the lines in movie convey a very strong message just as Baba(Amir’s father) once said “There is only one sin, only one. And that is theft. Every other sin is a variation of theft... When you kill a man, you steal a life. You steal his wife's right to a husband, rob his children of a father. When you tell a lie, you steal someone's right to the truth. When you cheat, you steal the right to fairness.”

Wow I never thought of this… and now I believe that all religions and followings can be summarized in the above few lines isn’t it.

Not only this the movie is a strong punch for all of them who preach n preach all the bullshit… in another instance Baba said : "I piss on the beards of all those self-righteous monkeys." There are some really strong words in the movie which made it controversial for the year 2007.

The story of young friends Amir and Hassan and the unknown bond they share into the next generation. The mental state of a kid who wants to hide his own guilt and in his innocence how he hurts and lost his friend. This is a story of honor and courage and loyalty and is an unusual tale. And towards the end how Amir returns as an adult to find Hassan's imprisoned son.

See this film for an outstandingly written and filmed story of hope, integrity, personal character and honor, and how much better life is with these things than without, for anyone


Hassan: I dream that my son will grow up to be a good person, a free person. I dream that someday you will return to revisit the land of our childhood. I dream that flowers will bloom in the streets again... and kites will fly in the skies!

5 comments:

zirelda said...

I have not read this book or seen the movie but I heard it is really good. I might have to see if I can find the book since I tend to enjoy them more than the film variations. Too cool. Thank you for the review.

Bharat said...

hmmm gud one...now i've to c d movie ..."the only sin is theft" funda...really amazing...!!!..gud post dude..!!

Harshita Kamal Mehta said...

I have not yet read the book...but the excerpt makes me feel I shud go ahead and read it as soon as I grab a copy...

Nidhi said...

i have the movie but its not in english.. half thing is Afgani n i've to read the english sub titles .. little boring but i'll manage i heard its good. i've the book too..

Gaurav S said...

i saw it recently and i must say its a classic even Khuda ke liye explains and criticize the medieval thoughts still prevail as religious doings