Sunday, June 22, 2008

...Whistler a Paradise in b'ful British Columbia

Thanks Giving weekend Yr 2007... Yup that was my first trip to Whistler and since 'en I feel like spending every other weekend in Whistler Village. There is something that makes me feel like staying there... find a living in that place... keep looking at those mountains... drink beer all day and watch tourists smiling, enjoying, partying... away from all worries. Trust me I am not exaggerating its just something in that place that anyone whom I took there just fell in love with it. Be it any season any day of the year you are going to love it.

Wooppss for all those who don't know Whistler, BC is in Canada and 2010 winter Olympics are going to be there, and I am one of those proud naive skiers who took their first lessons on the mountains of Whistler :). Whistler is just everything that you might have heard about it... Being in Canada even Canadians are tourist to that place, Americans ofcourse are tourists. I think the population is 50% Aussies and another 25% Europeans. Definitely one of the most expensive places (30% more expensive than any other place in Canada). After a couple of trips to the Whistler I have stopped snapping a picture at every opportunity. I just want to watch 'em bare eye all day long.


There is something for everyone in Whistler... Ski, snowboarding, sight seeing, horse riding, mountain biking, zip trekking, Tree trekking, kayaking, snow tubing, clubs, restaurant... u name it its there. Whistler in itself is heaven but you can't describe it without mentioning the road to Whistler. Hwy 99 known as Sea to Sky highway. And I call it Stairway to Heaven (sorry Zeppelins I had to steal it). It’s still not easy doing justice to a description of Sea to Sky hwy's beauty. As the name suggests, takes you from ocean to mountain. Towering rock faces that plunge to the sea. Rivers cascading in bubbly plumes off a sheer cliff. And intense colors that mesmerize even the most jaded travelers. Glittering blue Howe Sound. Brilliant white glacier ice. Jagged black peaks against an azure sky. Alpine meadows freckled with red, yellow and purple wildflowers. Tranquil turquoise lakes. Forests of deep emerald. Each can induce a kind of otherworldly serenity, a blissful calm in the presence of nature’s power and glory.


Paradise....

6 comments:

zirelda said...

Sounds lovely. I think I would want to go in the summer. I know how to ski but I prefer Nordic to downhill.

Harshita Kamal Mehta said...

This post made me switch to lonelyplanet guide and read abt it :) U have described it so well from a tourist's perspective...
Wud have been gr8 if u included ur fav pics(1-2) with the post...just a suggestion..

Abhinav Agrawal said...

Thanks for remindin me... once a TODO for me is always a TODO right after ur comment I did upload one :)

Harshita Kamal Mehta said...

Hmm...thanks a lot..it indeed luks really b'utiful frm ur lens :) Do they have an IBM office there? lol...

Ruchika said...

hmmmmmm...next time tag me along! lolz..it sounds so beautiful...my places gets an addition!

Sneha said...

Beautiful description .I think BC has some of the most scenic spots in the world. Lucky me, very close from where I live.:)