Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Its time...

Its Beckham’s favorite… Betty n Veronica’s favorite… my favorite… I bet its your favorite too. We all love that one pair of Jeans in our closet which we never want to retire and we never want to get rid off. You tend to slip into a new pair only when its time for laundry or retirement. Its time…


It takes time to find that “just the right pair of jeans” for oneself. Its always just out of the blue that you find it. You buy several but u end up with that one pair with which you fell in love with. For me atleast I now know the fit that fits me best. It’s the 567 loose boot cut Levis or a low rise boot cut from Fossils or a Hutch Men’s boot cut from Earnest Sewn.


Retirement of Jeans doesn’t come alone… it comes along with the retirement of atleast a pair of shoes and couple of shirts/T-shirts. Damn it… they rip me off. This time its time to bid my Fossil a farewell. It has been with me for more then a year and a half… and I have a feeling that it might die any time leaving me embarrassed.


Thank god I am not it trouble yet as I have a Earnest Sewn still in my closet waiting for its turn. But if it wasn’t I knew that I’d have been on a treasure hunt as I am not flying to Chicago in near future and they don’t have Bloomingdale’s in Seattle n finding a Earnest Sewn is like finding a pin in hay. Macy’s my friend but they have disappointed me twice in past for a 567…


Will see ya all in a new pair from tomorrow…

5 comments:

Harshita Kamal Mehta said...

Well, I can understand...Men have super-fascination with the oldest pair of jeans they own...
Sunny is still fussy if I ever ask him to throw away the Levis he bought some 2 yrs back...:)
I am sure you will get over this soon...a new pair will be on the way soon... :)
have fun!!

Bharat said...

Abbbbbssooolutely correct....I was loved my first pair of Numero Uno jeans like anythgn. I used tht as till the very end, just was nver ready to throw it away i guess...ohh yeah and its an achievement if u could find a pair tht makes u feel...yeah that's wat i want...
And why it has to be Blue always..i dunno..just the way it is...bt gud one..

Nidhi said...

mmm i totally agree with the comfi zone of old jeans..
i have like 7 pairs of jeans but i end up being with two of my fav, i love them n always count on them when eva i had to look the best..
i lost one pair on nine month during a road accident as the doctors had to cut my jeans..
shit!!!
i miss my jeans!
it takes time to make a new pair a favorite.

zirelda said...

oh the jeans.... yes, I absolutely love my jeans and totally understand. Although I don't wear them till they are ragged anymore. I can let them go when it is time. sort of. :)

I hope you find just the right pair!

Pallav Pathak (Twinkle) said...

What to say i would better say Hii to u bcz its my first comment for u
thanks to jmy lovely sis Ms Harshita.. she recommended me to read ur blog
Well honestly speaking i think wee boys r crazzzyyyy...
u knw one of my jeans is smtnhg i m in love with tht n its not even in condition for dusting or to wipe floors but still wenevr my mother try to get rid of with tht i start shoutinggg...
ha ha ha ..
i still remember wen i use to wear tht my mom always says its look pathetic n faded n i use to say mom its so HS u knw its in fshion n she says i understand wearing a vegetable carry bag (sabzi wala thela ) is fashion for u guys....
N another point why always Blue bcz i think blue is color for fairness n coolness n we all r quite fair n coooooolll
ha ha ha ha
anyways gr8 going n u really write well
hv fun!!!!