Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Who's cool....!!!!

God knows when can Redmond answer the Silicon Valley in innovation and class. Yes I am talking about the Microsoft and Apple. MS is solution to most of the things but Apple is a solution with cool and stable factor.

OSx and Windows is an endless discussion …”yeah VISTA’s UI was INSPIRED (copied) from OSx.” but then this is not what I want to jot down. My question is if you launch something after “inspiration” and that too after being inspired for 4 years and then you produce a buggy, less cool piece of brick then you need to fire someone. By the time Zune was launched in reply to iPod it still had a moving HDD when the world had already moved to flash memory. Hilarious.

Poor J Alard the coolest dude at MS who brought the original Xbox to us is no match to Steve Jobs when it comes to iPod. Sales of Zune is less then 3% the sales of iPod… n then MS has this new “revamped” zune which couldn’t do anything better either. Apple has always been a step ahead of MS…

1st gen apple iPod cool but bulky(2001)… n the 1st gen Zune(2005) bulkier n ugly.. 4 years to produce a ugly piece…. And now when iPod has all these sexy iTouch, flash memory, iPhone, nano, at this time you launch another piece of revamped shit. I have to give MS for the cool UI that they gave in Zune but dude u missed the revolving scroller… and the cool factor.

One thing I really like about Zune is the Zune Market Place. iTunes suck at it. Marketplace is the best place to download unlimited music on a monthly basis for a nominal charge and iTunes is no where close to it. I love sharing my playlists and downloading other peoples playlists. It’s a cool social networking for music lovers without spamming. A score for MS. The wireless syncing with your computer is awesome and the DRM-free music… yeah I bought a Zune for all this.

But as in one of my previous article I said “Microsoft’s proves again” …. They proved themselves once more. They put the DRM in “DRM-free” music. If you share music with someone else the other person can still only play them three times. Thanks to Allard for getting rid of Zune brown… yup that color sucked…!!!!

2 comments:

zirelda said...

DRM is the one reason I don't want an Ipod. I buy all of my music from Amazon since they have no restrictions.

And I really really really really want a Mac.

Really. :)

Harshita Kamal Mehta said...

All iStores out-of-stock for earfones in delhi,bangalore and chennai... :( May send the Ipod your way soon, another 4 days left before I give up...

I am saving for a MacBook too ever since I saw it with my client's manager in Hong Kong...lets see when do I get to lay my hands on one...Seems impressive but all the reviews I read over the internet are mixed,so am still confused abt it...

As for Vista, Oh! Pls dnt tell me abt it...I bought a Sony Vaio with Vista from CA and Vista is so damn bulky for the 2GB RAM that I have in my laptop and is nothing less than a bugs factory...that I had to do away with Vista and switch to XP again...