Tuesday, August 19, 2008

...wake up

Blogspots editing sucks...!!!!

I can code html... infact i really dnt need to when there are 100's of opensource available out there. I have my own parser of xml and a tool writing widgets and my team has together developed a plugin for eclipse to write html code.

All above solutions are hackday projects n then whats the idea... invest effort today, save effort tomorrow.

When blogger has this compose tab and some very basic features of drag drop and frame alignments sucks then i think its simply useless. Wordpress anytime is better then blogger, but with this google tag they have been minting.

I thought of reporting some small bugs to google groups as these are very active forums and google watches them closely but then m just too lazy and i have the soltuion.

Anyways, some markers:

  • Preview sucks.. its not the same as actual
  • Blockquote sucks it just spoils the font size of following text
  • Picture add n then realignment can be anytime better
  • Sharing the toolbar of google documents with blogger will help your own team (reusablity)
  • who cares for your spell check when browser has its own feature
  • We all know IE sucks but webdev is not successful if a post gets fucked up in ie just because of html editing
  • taking over startups with great ideas doesn't mean that you are awesome...!!!

3 comments:

Harshita said...

What a right day it is to read this post?
I am facing so many issues eversince I started using the plug-ins and widgets especially today...
And when I searched for solutions over the internet, I cud read most of the people talking abt how convenient wordpress is...
I hope the google people fix these issues to make blogging simpler and user-friendly...
U r right just making the start-up fall in place is not enuff...

zirelda said...

Oh you are so right....

I really need to learn to do more than read html....

Sneha Shrivastava said...

Totally agree with you.:)