Saturday, September 20, 2008

A webmaster Most Wanted...


REWARD: $20 for the person who'd slap the webmaster of Staples 20 times and a reward of another $40 for the person who will kick the hiring manager of this webmaster 40 times.

Proof required. Accepted formats mpg n avi. Reward can be pro-rated after evaluation.

Now if you are wondering why I am super pissed... I think I just analysed the error message too closely. Almost every line has a flaw in it.

IE4 is no more shipped and Microsoft has already released IE8 ages back ("before chrome"). The argument from the webmaster is that "...this is due to the advanced features used in the product customization process". Bastard I very well understand your advanced features that you need the most cutting edge technology available out there called IE (in the era of firefox, opera, chrome) and your backward compatibility is as remarkable as Intel(still supporting 8086).

I hope to commit my transaction with you using Windows95 with IE4. With all due respect; another reason for me storming is the 'if else' condition provided by the webmaster for the reason I see this page "....if using IE4 or higher and still...... there may have been an error. Please inform webmaster"

P.S.: Staples is a popular online retailer for office/desk related supplies.

5 comments:

Swats said...

I’d only slap under extreme circumstances like if sum asshole tries to mess..or wen eve teasing gets out of hand! Otherwise im cool as a cucumber hehe

Bcoz ur frm the technical backgrnd, these issues r likely to frustrate u more!

I sincerely hope sum1 does the needful on ur behalf hehe

Nidhi said...

kcuh hi palle nahi pada lol.... (rolling eyes)

Sneha said...

Its very common here and companies still use old browsers b'coz either they think its good enough or they don't see a reason to keep updating their versions endlessly .But your frustration is understandable more so b'coz of your profession.

zirelda said...

Yeah, there's a lot more out there than IE.

Kinda makes you wonder about the webmaster. Or Staples willingness to hire someone who knows how to do this stuff...

Harshita said...

I have never shopped online from Staples but I did go to their stores a couple of times...am not that impressed to be true with their customer service...

I donno how it is in Seattle but it was not too in San Jose :(

As for sticking arnd to the older versions is the biggest mistake most stores do...ah! I understand ur frustration...