Tuesday, October 07, 2008

and I am not frightened of dying....

.....any time will do, i
Dont mind. why should I be frightened of dying? 
Theres no reason for it, youve gotta go sometime.
i never said I was frightened of dying....

A hymn like track none other then 1973 “The Great Gig in the Sky”  yeah the solo song composer n writer the legendry keyboard player of Pink Floyd none other then Richard Wright passed last month(Sept 15th  at 65).  In David Gilmour’s words: “In the welter of arguments about who or what was Pink Floyd, Rick’s enormous input was frequently forgotten. He was gentle, unassuming and private but his soulful voice and playing were vital, magical components of our most recognized Pink Floyd sound.”

Rains pouring down for past 48 hrs, this fuming mug of coffee is like a smoke machine on a live Floyd’s show and Division Bell playin at its best left me gloomy in the remembrance of RickWright. 2 yrs back Syd Barret(another founder of Floyd) died and this yr its Rick. The core of PinkFloyd’s is now a history with David Gilmour still givin a ray to happiness n peace with his style along with Nick Mason.

Rick had that style of playing those monumental hymns from his keyboard those somber tunes from his fingers. He had his own musical abstract presence on the stage where he not only contributed with keyboard n vocals but also his unique eerie effect. Astronomy Domine, The Piper at the Gates of Dawn will always be remembered n played endlessly by all the fans round the globe.

I will never forget when I watched the recordings Live 8 Reunion London concert where the original Floyd’s reunited in 2005 and shared that unforgettable moment n  hug in 24 years… I wish I could have attended that I wish I was a part of it….

May your soul rest in peace…  u’ll always be remembered and loved as a Floyd...

7 comments:

Swats said...

did he die of cancer? rick?

may his soul rest in peace!

Aevi said...

Yeah Rick died of cancer (Richard Wright)

Nidhi said...

ah i too read tht news.. first thing that crossed my mind was u!!

Anonymous said...

Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines

~Vishwas

Aevi said...

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the english way
The time is gone, the song is over, thought Id something more to say

:(

Serene said...

Read about him in the papers...

It must be really sad for you... I have read on your blog a couple of times abt Pink Floyd and I know u r a huge fan...

zirelda said...

Very nice post. I enjoyed Pink Floyd too although I thought The Wall was very stressful. What a story that was.

I took Rach to a Pink Floyd laser light show when she was 7. Pink Floyd wasn't there in person but I thought it was really cool.

The soundtrack to The Dark Side of the Moon goes perfectly with the Wizard of Oz. I have the dvd. :)