Monday, December 29, 2008

Had a wonderful '08.. will have a better '09

With the end of '08 I would like to present my gratitude to lord and would thank him for such a positively eventful year...

Thanks that I had a wonderful job and was able to accomplish my commitments
Thanks that I recovered my knee from accident
Thanks for making me financially capable of buying a new car
Thanks for the wonderful trips that I was able to do this year
Thanks for all the good grades and managing my studies along with work
Thanks for all the good friends I made this year and thanks for making me keep in touch with old friends
Thanks for taking care of my folks and Siddharth who are distance away from me
Thanks for the new wonderful place I am dwelling in
Thanks for helping me sustain in this economy
Thanks for keeping people around me so that I am not lonely and being loved

I know the lines following this statement are usually quoted around ThanksGivin and is a copy paste but then... forget it

I am thankful for weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day, because it means I have been capable of working hard.
I am thankful for the taxes that I pay, because it means that I am employed.
I am thankful for the clothes that a fit a little too snag, because it means I have enough to eat.
I am thankful for a floor that needs mopping and windows that need cleaning, because it means I have a home.
I am thankful for the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means I am capable of walking and that I have been blessed with transportation
I am thankful for the pile of laundry and ironing, because it means I have clothes to wear.
I am thankful for being sick once in a while, because it reminds me that I am healthy most of the time

Thanks for all the other things that I am missing here and you showered on me....

5 comments:

Sneha said...

Thanks for the wonderful blog over here :)
Nice post Indeed.

Swats said...

wowwwwwwwww Aevi
superbbbbbbbbbbbbb
I loved this post :)
It's ur best post ever!

thank u so much for treating us to such a positive post..wen u write positive posts, ur positivity is likely to rub off on other readers..u r enthusiasm personified man!

it's such a delight to read such inspiring/thanksgiving posts..x again! It made my day!

Harshita said...

Thanks for being the great person that you are.

I feel blessed to have you as a kiddo and a friend in my life.

Oh ok! Did that kiddo thing hurt??... lol

zirelda said...

Great post. :) This is a good time to reflect on what we are thankful for.

My mother has a plate by the sink that says something like

Thank God for dirty dishes for they have a tale to tell. While others may go hungry we're eating very well.

Happy New Year again and I hope 2009 is the best for you so far.

Bharat said...

Gud one..lil late to comment bt thnks for joining Genesis..thnks for bunking wid me...thnks for coming to US..n thnks in advance to visit MSP...Nice post dude...