Monday, December 22, 2008

Music n Study - Like Poles


We tend to get influenced by other people style that we sometimes forget the essentials of evaluating it or whether it is for ones ownself or not... walking around those corridors in school n university its highly probabilistic that 70+% students with headphones shoved in their ears and eyes concentrating in a book, feet taping at the beats and a pen fumbling in the fingers. It seems as though music is an ingredient of life...
Talking to them seems like they can study better along with music and it helps them keep focus... while some consider it as a distraction.

Now what is going to follow might sound like bashing but is a personal opinion... n since i consider myself an oracle "My view cannot be questioned"

Study and music are two like poles they repel and both deserve complete respect and individual dedicated attention. People who study with music might remember something but what my observation says is that they always get a couple of questions in exam out of sylabus while the person writing the same exam who studied without music doesnt feel so. Crystal statement former cant implement in real life or a twist of concepts they studied while later has a better depth and variation perception.

Another thing that disappoints me is people with headphones in their ears think that all guitar and drums mean is rock and evrything with flute and voilon is classical... usage of electrical instruments lead to pop and every fast musical tone with high bps is electronica... well well well there is something that exists as generes and even the vocals and study of lyrics define them.. just like every edible grease is not oil but every edible grease has cholestrol similarly every tune is music but every music is not same and cant be classified as such high level names. Dont define that your love of music leads you to concentrate better thats just a myth... if you tap your feet while studying then probably you are missing the solution to so called out of sylabus question.

Scribbled above just out of the love and respect towards music... I am not a best/ideal student... but I cant "study" in music.

5 comments:

Sneha said...

Mr Oracle, I don't dispute you :) and I think its more of a college fad
than a reasonable practice.
one another thing that amuses me ki inkey kaan or ser nahi dukhtey kya ?

loved your post.

Swats said...

How can u study and listen 2 music at the same time? It baffles me till date; it is really a mystery to me.

Harshita said...

While in skool, I used to think that I cud study with MTV playing music at nite...Dad always told me that no one can study with music ON.

I was a rebel and I always thought he was wrong.. He was not and He is never wrong.The truth is I never was able to concentrate and I thought I was getting it all in my mind...

Damn... you are so right!! You shud meet my dad...hahaha ;)

zirelda said...

I agree. I never could study and listen to music at the same time. I always missed something.

And yes, many many genres...

Bharat said...

hahahaha.....i can't even read Super Commando Dhruv with music..they both need respect..m nt talking abt study n music (Dhruv n Music..lolzz)...completely agree with the Genre thng..