Monday, July 06, 2009

Ride to the destination - 300 miles done

Finally I think I can write about this new passion as I touched my first 300miles on my bike yesterday. After experimenting for past 2 months, I think I can say that I enjoy it and will continue it (knock d wood).

It was later in the afternoon after brunching on a goat cheese chicken sandwich and an Americano I and MP decided on our weekly ride. Caught 545 to Redmond and got off at King County Library.
No the picture wasn't rough... the map all noted down in a notepad file and well uploaded to the cellphone. Air pressure checked, bike computer mounted. Bottle filled with Accelerade, and the ride begins now. By the end of the ride we were dehydrated by the brutal 84F but the pleasure of the thought of my first 300miles rejuvenated my spirits. So far my best rides have been Camano Island Loop, Chilly Hilly, Fallcity Carnation loop. These have been really challenging and scenic rides and needless to say that the following Sunday every time was beer drenched rewarding my own guts.

I started riding late April on a borrowed mountain bike and experimented my way on a borrowed road bike (2" larger in size), ended up with a back ache and finally I have my own a "2008 K2 mod 4 point O" Sram Rival parts with carbon fiber damping weighing just 18lbs and I am loving it.

During the weekdays I ride to work 2-3 times. Its a 11 mile one way ride. This ride needs its own description as it offers you the views of emerald Lake Washington, majestic mount Ranier, engineering marvel floating bridge, beautiful parks, mysterious wall paintings and a tunnel that reminds me of hope because of the light I can see at the far end of it.


In the month of Jun I logged Total Distance:240 miles Calories:7,844 (kcal). Weekend rides have been great for me.

Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling. ~James E. Starrs

5 comments:

Swats said...

hmm..so this is ur passion..
cool!
Happy riding

Harshita said...

Wow! its altogether a beautiful way to ride thru...

I remember my colleague biking on the mountain terrain when I was in US... and I think its an interesting thing to do especially when you have beautiful scapes to watch while u do wat u love the most- BIKING.

Happy riding as Swati said... :)

Deepika Gupta said...

Good....
There was a time when i used to do it daily...
I love biking...!!

Lucky you!

Cess said...

wow that s great to have that kind of interest that makes u loose weight also!!! It is the Tour de France at the moment, u should do it next year :P u ll see quite some great landscape too :)
C.

AliceSee said...

Good job! Abhinav! I love biking too!