Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tickles from Seattle - 9

Discussion on ethics of making money. The plan presented is a well crafted business model based out of auction, inspired from a study from the class of political lobbying.

MG : So how about if we start auctioning deals, where you pay to place a bid and the highest bidder in the end wins the deal.

JL: Thats unethically shrewed and mean, and is clearly a strategy to fool a naive user.

AA: I dont agree to this. Anything with in the limits of law and presented with a well crafted fine print that can lead me to that extra buck in my pocket is absolutely ethical. So whats the plan and when are we doing it?

PS: The inspiring lecture under discussion:


2 comments:

Deepika said...

Ethics... One of my recent favorite topics.. I was discussing it with my professor the other day...
Its an old defination of ethics that says

'whatever is legally right and profitable is ethical'

But then ethics are always subjective in nature... so no comments..

Harshita said...

Interesting Lecture and so is the conversation there...

I think Deepika has given a wonderful explanation for ethics in a line...